If you are driving under influence (DUI), then you may consider an option of attending special program related to alcohol education offered by DUI School. If you are guilty of substance abuse and need to find a way to return to duty, then you must take these classes. In fact, it is a more convenient option than suspended licenses and court fines. Who should visit DUI School?
The drug and alcohol education can be very beneficial in creating awareness about the adverse impacts of addiction. You must attend this program if you have:
• Early signs of substance abuse disorder.
• DUI charge for the first time.
• Developed alcohol and drug addiction and it’s at initial stage.
Documents required at time of registration
Most of the times, the DUI School offers flexible time slots for the programs according to the schedule of the participants. The following documents are required at the time of registration:
• Traffic citation
• Copy of arrest affidavit
• Identification proof
• Reports of breath, urine and blood tests.
• Court order
• Driving history
What happens at DUI School?
State-certified instructors conduct special classes for specific hours. The entire program consists of lectures, discussions, instructions, evaluation and empowerment. Usually, there are two levels of this course.
The Level I involves substance abuse evaluation, activities and psychosocial evaluation. The charges for this course are between the range of $260 and $290.
The Level II of this program is more intensive and time-taking. You have to pay around $425 to get the benefit of interactive techniques in group sessions. The DUI School ensures that the size of the group is small to provide proper attention to every individual.
Whether you are arrested for DUI or concerned about the use of alcohol and drugs, the programs offered by DUI School are helpful for everyone.
Substance abuse is a serious problem that is prevailing in the society. People find it an easy way to deal with stress and depression. But in long run, this can have serious adverse affects on physical and mental health. The substance abuse professionals play vital role in providing treatment and guidance in recovery from addiction. They evaluate the situation and recommend various solutions through their friendly and informative sessions. Online SAP evaluation is trending nowadays as it saves your time and hassles of going to the center. Let’s check out some of the advantages of virtual SAP evaluation:
- The best thing about online evaluation is the 24 hours of treatment availability. There are many platforms where patients can get services online. Addicted person may feel the temptation and craving for substance abuse at any time. An online counseling program that is available round the clock may be useful in getting the right guidance at right time. Online SAP evaluation is effective in suppressing some side effects on time.
- You can keep your identity as anonymous. If you are uncomfortable in revealing the identity, then you can undergo online SAP evaluation. Most of the people who are facing the problem of addiction may undergo treatment and have the advantage of counseling without going to the center physically.
- These counseling programs are flexible. You can select the session according to your own schedule. So if you have classes or a job, then also attending these sessions won’t be difficult. You can connect through mobile, laptop or desktop. The Tele-health virtual evaluations are gaining popularity nowadays and if done through verified professionals, the report can be considered in court as well.
- Online Tele-therapy session can be one-on-one or in groups. You can select the setting according to your need. Isn’t it amazing that you can get online SAP evaluation for effective treatment by sitting at home!
Have you been suffering from alcohol or drug abuse? Do you need professional help to diagnose and treat the symptoms of addition? If yes, then substance abuse professionals are there to help you. In case you have a busy schedule or don’t want to take risk of transportation during COVID-19 pandemic, then you may also opt for virtual alcohol and drug evaluation.
- The Tele-health DUI evaluations are considered approved in the court, if performed by verified professionals. If you are worker who has violated the rules and regulations set by the US Department of Transportation, then you may undergo virtual alcohol and drug evaluation to get a green signal for returning back to duty.
You have to become a part of program where proper education, treatment and follow-up plan is offered to the patient by the evaluators. These online face-to-face evaluations enable the patients to recover from this addiction without facing much difficulty. The substance abuse professionals also take the contact numbers of the family members and friends to ensure the recovery phase is smooth.
- Free online alcohol and drug tests are also available nowadays. These are created for general assessment and do not take place of in-clinic face to face sessions with the SAP. It is basically an assessment that a person can give to determine the current position.
In this assessment, some questions are asked from the person. The duration of this assessment is only 5 minutes. After completion of this assessment, the person gets a general feedback. Remember that you must be honest while giving the answers because they are meant to analyse your behavioral pattern, thoughts and actions.
When everything is going digital, the above mentioned are some of the ways in which the substance abuse professionals are providing help online. If you need virtual alcohol and drug evaluation, then you may contact American Alternative Court Services for more help.
Addiction is bad! It is harmful for any individual and the society. A person who is addicted to drugs and alcohol needs to be treated and should not be allowed to work at any place. Is that an easy task? No, this recovery requires help from professionals known as Substance Abuse Professional. Let’s understand the role of SAP for DOT:
- Build therapeutic alliance with patients
For best treatment it is necessary for the counselors to create a bond with the patients. SAP has to show interest in the patient’s case. A good Substance abuse counselor stays attentive during the sessions and tries to understand the main problem behind the addiction.
- Keeps the patient motivated throughout the treatment
Leaving the consumption of alcohol or drug is entirely in the hands of the patient. Bringing change in the behaviour requires a lot of patience, encouragement and motivation. SAP for DOT ensures that the person is treated with warmth, empathy and friendliness. They try to understand the behavioral pattern and prescribe some methods according to that.
- Avoid situation of relapse
It is possible that the patient again starts taking drugs or alcohol after showing a bit of improvement during the treatment. SAPs make a proper plan to prevent such situation. It has to be taken care of from the very early stages of recovery. What can be done to make certain that the patient says ‘no’ to such temptations? To deal with this, SAPs analyse the history of relapses, list out the warning signs and ways to tackle them, take help from support network and recommend some changes in lifestyle.
If you are looking for an expert SAP for DOT, then you can contact American Alternative Court Services. Our programs are designed to provide you a new perspective towards living a healthy life.
It is important to choose a reliable service alcohol and drug evaluation for court. This assessment is required by the court to solve various cases. There are certain points that the person must consider before availing the service:
- Credentials of the professional
You must check the experience and qualification of the evaluator. Experienced professionals know the right way to treat the person. They don’t unnecessarily over diagnose or over treat the person. Check whether the evaluator has license and there is no disciplinary action against the substance abuse professional.
Make sure that the evaluator provides a unique and properly filled report including the severity of addiction and the treatment plan. SAP who only fills out a preformatted evaluation form is considered quite unprofessional by the court.
- Check report before the court
Ask whether it is possible to review the report before forwarding it to the court. It is an important document that determines the future, so it should be reviewed to avoid any error.
Drug test is done through a urine screen. It is an important part of alcohol and drug evaluation. In some cases this report is not essential but in some cases comments of evaluator are essential.
You have to pay almost $200 for a basic alcohol test that can be considered as appropriate for the court. Make sure that you don’t compromise on quality of the report. The court can reject the evaluation if complete credentials and relevant information are missing in the report.
Research about the reviews received by the evaluator regarding the service offered. Always take your report from an authorized professional to avoid any issue in court.
Now that you have gone through all the points, making the right decision may not be very difficult for you. American Alternative Court Service is perfect place where you can get the alcohol and drug evaluation done with the help of experienced counselors.
Substance abuse professional or SAP for DOT (Department of Transportation) is an authorized person who evaluates the situation, makes a treatment plan and ensures complete recovery of a drug or alcohol addict. A person cannot return to duty without successfully completing the treatment of addiction. If you are an employee who has been tested positive in a drug or alcohol test, then you have to the SAP. Below mentioned are some points that you can expect while facing the evaluation:
- SAP has tremendous experience in diagnosis and treatment. They are trained on Department of Transportation 49 CFR Part 40 and regulatory agencies. Initially they look at your case and try to gather details. You will be asked certain questions through assessment tools for gathering maximum information about you.
- Never feel scared. Take it as a therapy session. Give honest answers for all the questions as if you are talking to a friend.
- After this evaluation, SAP for DOT will chalk out a treatment plan so that you get fine and get back to work soon. It is essential that you take the treatment seriously and follow all the steps that are suggested by the substance abuse professional.
- Attend individual counseling and awareness classes to get good education about the adverse effects of drugs and alcohol. They also guide you with superb ways of living a healthy life.
- Remember you cannot do any safety-sensitive work without getting permission from the SAP. The substance abuse professional verifies whether the person has followed the treatment plan and maintained regular check up and follow ups. A report about this progress is then submitted to employer. It is difficult to get rid of a habit but with willingness to change, the return-to-duty process may become easy.
Employers find American Alternative Court Services very effective and reliable to get SAP for DOT for their employees. For more than 25 years, it has been doing great job by treating people suffering from various addictions.
The journey to treatment and recovery from a substance abuse condition begins with an evaluation done by a professional. While no single clinician can determine the presence of disorder with only one examination, the extensive process customized by a professional, as per each person’s need grant true insight into the extent of the condition. Few might feel nervous about an assessment, others might be intimated before taking such a step, but there’s nothing to fear if the disorder is handled by a professional.
The assessment is no longer classified as an option but an essential part to get someone’s life back on track. On the basis of this innovative and practical approach, the diagnose of substance abuse and related disorders is done followed by a treatment plan. AACS Atlanta has been performing a similar role to grant results one might expect.
Symptoms of Substance Abuse Disorder
Apart from the physical indicators that hint towards substance abuse, there are some other psychological symptoms found in a person’s personality that can be detected by healthcare professionals. Some of them include:
- Higher consumption of the substance than the normal dosage.
- Failure to cut down or stop consumption.
- Rise in the recovering phase from the substance’s use.
- Cravings and an irresistible desire for consumption.
- Impacts observed in other aspects of social life.
- Giving up on social or recreational activities.
- An uncontrollable desire for the effect of substance use.
As per the guidelines set by Health Services Administration, there are in total of two stages of the substance use disorder evaluation. These include:
- Substance Abuse Screening
- CAGE Questionnaire
Is The Assessment and Evaluation Effective?
For the success of substance abuse treatment, a patient’s integrity and willpower are the factors that count the most. If they are not found at the stage where they are willing to make changes in their lifestyle, then their incomplete commitment holds no place in the treatment’s efficiency. Such delicate matters achieve success only when they are dealt with with patience and a strategic approach.
At AACS Atlanta, our trained Health Institute professionals properly administer the stages and monitors growth from the moment of a patient’s arrival.
Our mission is to get your life back on the right path.
If any individual is required to refer to a qualified SAP after testing positive in drugs or alcohol test, then he/ she must have the basic understanding of the comprehensive and face-to-face assessment and evaluations that comes with these tests. While relying on a qualified SAP, the employee should know the procedures on their own, in order to return back to safety-sensitive duties and remain truly fit to get back to his normal lifestyle.
AACS is a certified DOT-SAP provider administering the criteria fixed by the Department of Transportation (DOT) for people who got caught or tested positive in the consumption of any prohibited substance. Our trained and experienced specialists understand the importance of these tests and the impact they carry on clients’ livelihood. That is why, we are committed to educate you, train you and provide you with the solutions you need for effective functioning.
Explaining The Process
SAP evaluation procedures are fast and straightforward. Individuals are made to follow very strict guidelines to return back to duty in a healthy condition. Our dedicated SAP counsellors will walk you through all the stages of assessment, referral, treatment and the testing process to make every task much smoother for you.
The SAP evaluation programs include the following:
- Two face-to-face evaluations
- Determining the level through some type of treatment or education
- SAP monitoring of employee in treatment
- Face-to-face follow-up clinical evaluation
- Follow-up testing schedule
- Aftercare recommendations depending upon the case, by SAP professionals
- Sharing of written SAP reports with the employer for reporting the condition
If you find your source of income to be in danger after testing positive in the evaluation, consulting a qualified SAP as soon as possible may be the ideal decision you can make. Return back to your safety-sensitive job under the expertise of the right industry professionals.
AACS is a leading facilitator guaranteeing to connect you with your employers again after guiding you towards the right path. We eliminate the risk of making your career suffer from our dedicated assistance.
For more details on our SAP evaluation procedures and different SAP evaluation options, contact us today.
Employees who earn their living through safety-sensitive duties performed under the US Department of Transportation are required to have an evaluation done by a qualified Substance Abuse Professional when they are caught violating the DOT regulations. The DOT rules make it mandatory for an employee who works in a safety-sensitive position covered by DOT, to return to their job once the SAP’s recommendations and evaluations have been documented.
AACS Atlanta is helping enterprises worldwide to achieve this. Our services accelerate SAP testing procedures to keep pace with the constantly functioning business environment and contribute to their smooth functioning.
Who Are SAP?
The Department of Transportation (DOT) identifies the Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) as a qualified individual who performs the job of evaluating individuals who have breached the DOT alcohol regulation and guides them further in the DOT regulation guidelines, recovery treatment, and aftercare. Any employee who violates the regulations is required to consult a Substance Abuse Professional in order to legally return to duty.
A SAP’s role is to protect public safety related to the transportation mechanism.
How The SAP Assessment Process Works
Employees who get terminated from their job on the basis of DOT rules violation must obtain an SAP evaluation and fulfil the responsibilities before returning back to work. The evaluation process includes the following stages:
Face to face interviews – The first stage involves a SAP to determine whether the substance abuse problem exists or not. This initial evaluation is necessary for the course of treatment that will be taking place in the future.
An evaluation report is prepared and shared with the employer.
Regular contact is maintained with the treatment provider for ensuring the treatment plan being followed and maintenance of the recommended level of service.
Then comes the follow-up evaluation to determine the completion of the recommended treatment.
Lat stage involves the issue of Return to Duty slip for the appointment that will permit employee for Return to Duty.
So, if you are ready to schedule a DOT SAP Evaluation, contact AACS Atlanta today to arrange a free, no-obligation consultation with us.