The Clinical Intern interfaces on an individual and group basis with clients and the milieu. The Clinical Intern will work within a team setting with other 1 Method staff members of the clinical team to facilitate the prompt and efficient delivery of services.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Oversee documentation in the clinical section of each client chart and QA for deficiencies.
- Attends and participates in clinical team meetings.
- Maintains a caseload of 10-15 clients.
- Completes clinical assessment and treatment plan for assigned clients.
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission for assigned clients, and updates discharge plan weekly.
- Facilitates comprehensive evaluation and diagnostic summary for assigned clients.
- Facilitates multi-disciplinary treatment planning and updates for assigned clients
- Individual sessions for all assigned clients.
- Group counseling, education, and meetings per program schedule.
- Family/conjoint therapy as specified in individual client’s treatment plans.
- Coordinates treatment objectives for assigned clients with pertinent staff.
- Documents clinical progress notes in client’s electronic medical record.
- Participates in Quality Improvement task groups.
- Participates in in-service training, individual/group supervision meetings, and counselor/staff interface meetings.
- Communicate with staff via Communication Log and client’s record to maximize utilization of milieu in supporting the client’s treatment plan.
- Ensures client records for assigned caseload are comprehensive, complete, neat, and meet licensing standards.