4-Week Court-Approved Course
Values Clarification is an 8-hour program that is divided into four, 2-hour sessions for the duration of four weeks. The program is aimed at educating high-risk individuals who can benefit from behavior modification by learning critical thinking and effective decision-making.
VALUES CLARIFICATION CLASS
The curriculum is designed to encourage Critical Thinking
At times, critical thinking may make it harder to choose between options, but the ultimate choice will be made with a better understanding of the implications and consequences to identify and describe the problem or opportunity.
- Identify and describe the problem or opportunity
- Focus on the situation and gather reliable information
- Identify choices, solutions, and implementations
- Analyze consequences and values for all solutions
- Decide on an option and process for implementation
Jurisdictions such as Dekalb County and Gwinnett County, refer individuals to participate in the Values Clarification classes to satisfy probationary conditions or as a diversionary alternative to earn a dismissal.