In order to be precise, a drug addiction diagnosis is based upon a thorough analysis and assessment done by a licensed alcohol and drug counsellor. From blood to urine different types of lab tests are involved in this SAP evaluation to achieve the right extent of addiction. These tests that are used for monitoring the course of recovery, are used to build an effective treatment plan tailored to the individual needs of those suffering. By putting yourself in reliable hands of professionals, you’ll be given the best possible chance at recovery.
At AACS, you can start by discussing your substance use with our qualified doctors or ask for a referral to the specialists here in drug addiction department. Having examined thousands of clients for the test, our professionals carry the experience for a thorough assessment based upon facts and rational procedures. We put forward the independent perspective of someone you can trust and who knows you well.
When Is It Done?
Once you begin with your addiction treatment program, you may receive a substance abuse evaluation test to determine the extent of your substance use and form the accurate individualized care plan customized as per your needs and circumstances.
Since the treatment professionals need to know your history of addiction, to make it work, you have to:
- Be honest about your drug use.
- Make a list of all medications, vitamins, or supplements that you’re taking.
- Make a list of questions to ask your doctor or any other professional.
How It Works
A substance use evaluation is broken down into two stages that may be administered by professionals trained to assess addiction.
These steps can be defined as:
- Screening: Created to evaluate the presence of a particular problem, that will be determined with a simple yes or no.
- Assessment: Created for determining the nature of the patient’s problem, determining a diagnosis, and forming treatment recommendations for the problem or diagnosis.
So, If you believe that someone you love is suffering because of the substance use and requires an SAP evaluation, don’t hesitate to reach out to our professionals who can assist you in these tough times. Contact us today.