DOT (Department of Transportation) requires the SAP (Substance Abuse Professional) to conduct evaluations for employees in safety-sensitive positions as regulated by (DOT). DOT has made it legitimate for all the companies to conduct the pre-employment, post-accident, random or reasonable suspicion, and return-to-duty drug and alcohol tests for the employees holding commercial driver licenses (CDLs). Our counsellors are well qualified who follow the step by step procedure needed to help you through the process of RTD (Return to Duty) as specified by DOT as against the violation of its drug and alcohol rules’.
Who needs SAP Evaluation?
- An employee who tests positive for drugs or alcohol.
- An employee who holds CDL.
- An employee has to obtain a substance abuse evaluation as the condition of the employment or for continued employment.
DOT-SAP Evaluation involves two steps:
The first stage SAP Evaluation involves
- Face-to-face clinical interview and assessment.
To determine if the substance abuse problem exists or no and if it does then, what level of treatment shall be needed.
- The further recommendation in the form of treatment for drug/ alcohol addiction or education(as determined by our SAP)
- Continuous monitoring of the employee under the treatment process.
2.The follow-up SAP Evaluation includes
- Follow-up session that helps SAP Evaluation to determine successful completion of treatment and thus, provide Notice a “Notice of Compliance,” or a “Notice of Noncompliance,” depending upon the employee’s performance throughout the programme.
- Recommendations for further education or treatment (if needed)
- Aftercare suggestions (as deemed necessary)
- Written report to DER (Designated Employer Representative)
If the employer is satisfied with the report, he can order the conduct of Return to Duty test which should have a negative result to get you back on board, however, if it turns out to be positive you have to undergo the assessment and follow the program repeatedly, till you are deemed fit.